KITTRELL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
It is important to have my child reach his/her full academic success. Therefore, I will encourage him/her by doing the following:
1. Attend and request conferences when needed.
2. Check the agenda daily for communication and establish a time and place to support at home learning.
3. Promote positive use of extracurricular time.
4. Communicate with my child (ask questions and listen).
5. See that my child is well fed and rested.
6. Prepare for school ahead of time to avoid conflict.
7. Review, discuss, sign, and return progress reports and report cards.
8. Promote a positive attitude.
9. Challenge my child to meet challenging State Academic Standards.
10. Be an involved parent and participate as appropriate in decisions relating to the education of my child.
It is important that I work to the best of my ability to improve academic achievement. I agree to the following:
1. Believe that I can, and will, learn.
2. Come to school each day, on time.
3. Show respect and consideration for myself and others.
4. Follow Kittrell’s 10 Essentials of Excellence.
5. Try to have a positive attitude and give my best effort.
2018-2019 School Compact
Students must be given the opportunity to meet challenging state academic standards. Therefore, we will do the following:
A. High Quality Curriculum and Instruction
1. Provide high quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment.
2. Be professional, maintain confidentiality, and have high expectations for academic success.
3. If homework is assigned, it will be meaningful with clear directions.
B. Encourage Family and Parent involvement
1. Promote opportunities to volunteer.
2. Attend as many school functions as possible.
3. Provide opportunities for family and parent involvement.
1. Encourage ongoing communication between home and school that is regular and meaningful and in a language families can understand (Newsletters, web pages, agendas, etc).
2. Schedule Parent/Teacher conferences at least annually, during which the compact will be discussed at the compact relates to the individual child’s achievement.
3. Provide frequent reports on child’s progress.