It is important to have my child reach his full academic potential. Therefore, I will encourage him/her by doing the following:
- Attend and request conferences when needed.
- Check the agenda daily for communication, schoolwork, and homework.
- Monitor TV viewing/computer use.
- Communicate with my child (ask questions and listen).
- Schedule a certain time and place for homework.
- See that my child is well fed and rested.
- Prepare for school ahead of time to avoid conflict.
- Review, discuss, sign, and return progress reports and report cards.
- Promote a positive attitude.
- Challenge the child to meet high expectations.
- Be an involved parent and show support by contributing time and/or resources to help in school.
It is important that I work to the best of my ability. I agree to the following:
- Believe that I can, and will, learn.
- Come to school each day, on time.
- Show respect and consideration for myself and others.
- Follow Kittrell’s 10 Essentials of Excellence.
- Try to have a positive attitude and give my best effort.
Students must be given the opportunity to meet academic achievement standards. Therefore, I will do the following:
- High Quality Curriculum and Instruction
- Make needed modifications. Instruction should be tailored to individual student needs.
- Provide a challenging and positive atmosphere
- Use a variety of incentives to promote completion of tasks.
- Be professional, maintain confidentiality, and have high expectations.
- If homework is assigned, it will be meaningful with clear directions.
- Encourage Family and Parent involvement
- Promote parent visitation in all classrooms.
- Attend as many school functions as possible (particularly those involving my grade).
- Provide opportunities for family and parent involvement (by grade level and by teacher).
- Encourage early contact with parents (Newsletters, web pages, agendas, conferences, and home visits).
- Schedule Parent/Teacher conferences when needed.
- Provide frequent reports on child’s progress.
- Encourage the use of the agenda for two-way communication with parents/families.